Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Disney Doubts

 

    Well, the dreaded trip to Disneyworld with the grands is almost here. I say dreaded because the weather forecast includes a heat alert and I haven’t been able to register for any help-the-old-lady services. 

     I’ve had a fear of this day ever since we carried our boys to the Magic Kingdom. Our trip was memorable, but so was my grandmother’s funeral. We tried to pack too much into our four days. We even used one day of the ticket after we had driven 10 hours in a mini van with no rear air and no DVD player. 

     Joe was a pro at reading Frommer’s Walt Disneyworld With Your Family. It was a step by step guide that assured the best possible place to be at the best possible time, even if you had to travel faster than a short layover in the Atlanta airport. 

      And to his credit we did see it all. The memories are wonderful even if the highlights on the VHS show a worn out 5 year old pitching one in the parking lot because he just couldn’t walk any more. Great fodder at family gatherings. 

    So I’m planning to hit the pavement tomorrow and make some new memories, heat and all. And I’m better prepared thanks to Amazon. I’ve got a bladeless neck fan, a personal handheld fan, an SPF50 sun hat, and a continuous mister. Better look out for the granny on the scooter! 


1 comment:

  1. That is a fate worse than death for me. I’ll pray for y’all.

    ReplyDelete